- How can we meet your home buying needs?
- Find your dream home | Our always up-to-date advanced search engine allows you to view all of the listings in the DC metro area. You can even filter your search based on your specific needs.
- Find an experienced agent | Our licensed REALTORS® have a combined total of 774 years of experience in the industry. Every bit of that experience is used to ensure smooth transactions and your satisfaction.
- Mortgage calculator | When starting your home search, it’s important to know your budget. Find out what yours is with our easy-to-use mortgage calculator found at the bottom of all listing pages.
- Mortgage loan checklist | We know procuring a home loan can be a daunting task! Thus, a loan checklist is a must to have you well on your way to home ownership.
- Neighborhood & school information | You’re not just looking for a house – you’re looking for a home. For a more well-rounded view of each listing, you can find detailed information about neighborhoods and local schools on every listing page.
HOW CAN AN AGENT HELP ME BUY A HOME?
Buying a home can be an overwhelming process. From financing to negotiating to closing, there are a lot of moving pieces that can leave homebuyers bewildered.
A real estate agent can help guide you through each step of the buying process, offering sound advice along the way. By working with a professional agent who knows the ins and outs of the real estate industry, you’ll not only end up with a great home, but you’ll also walk away with a great experience.
Here are some of the key areas that an agent can help you with:
Getting pre-approved by a lender
By providing your real estate agent with some basic information about your income, savings, and debt, he or she can assist you in getting pre-approved by a reputable lender. The lender will then go over your financing options, what monthly payment amount you can afford, and what you can expect for down payment requirements and closing costs.
Choosing a home
For most buyers, choosing a home is an emotional process. An agent can assist you in this process by offering objective information about each property you look at. From local community information like schools and zoning to home-specific details like condition and amenities, an agent can help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Making an offer
Once you’ve found the home of your dreams, an agent will research recent comparable sales of similar homes in the area to help determine a fair selling price. Based on those comparable sales, as well as other factors like inspections and repairs, an agent will then help you structure an offer and negotiate to get the very best deal possible.
Closing, or settlement, can be a complicated process. In some areas, the escrow or title company handles the closing process, while in other areas an attorney handles it. Regardless of where you’re buying, a real estate agent can help ensure that everything goes smoothly.
Contact an experienced agent today!